Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Thursday 1 February 2007

Spritepost 5

The frame came back from the powder coaters today and some of the finishing kit on order has also arrived;

Renthals, cables, throttle, mudguards, mudguard stay, grips all ordered through Steve Goode M/C - Steve usually has this stuff in stock and turns it around quickly by mail order.

Have sourced brake/clutch levers and a nice kickstart off a Honda MX on ebay - will have to use the old kickstart for the splined end and fix it onto the lower section of the new kickstart.

Same with the gear pedal, have got a spring loaded pedal and the old splined end from the original so will need to join the two pieces with a home made lever arm.

New fork seals have arrived for the MP's so we can get on with polishing and generally tidying the fork lowers.

The front section of exhaust still needs to be chromed and a bash plate made made up.

The key thing on the list now is wheels. I was going to put a pair of Alan Whitton wheels on the bike the same as on my Cub but due to time pressures I will have to go down a different route for now as i want to get the bike finished in the next couple of weeks if possible. I go abroad to work in March and will be away on and off for 6 months so ideally would like to complete it before I go.

I am therefore looking for some nice wheels to go on it, my preference is for pattern or original cub hubs but will have a search around and see what I can come up with in the time available. If all else fails I have the montesa wheels that came with the bike so the hubs would lace into new rims and would look OK with a bit of a polish.

Should get pictures of the frame later today so will post as soon as arrived.

No comments: