Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Wednesday 21 February 2007

Spritepost 9




The wheels have now returned from the wheel builder and its coming together as you can see in the photo.

We noticed when the wheels went in, that the rear suspension didnt work as well as expected and noticed that the swinging arm was fouling on the frame so a modification was needed to shave some off the outside of the swinging arm and a plate welded in to give the necessary clearance. Whilst it will be away at the powder coaters to be re-coated I have decided to also get some longer shocks (360mm Betors) to give a little more clearance around the exhaust when under load and also lift the rear end a little.

We are now waiting for a rear sproket from Talon/Samy Millers so that we can get the chain on and make up a chain guard and refit the chain tensioner in the correct place as the universal Sammy Millar tensioner will need cranking over to meet the correct chain line.

The brake anchors have been made but the cable routing need to be sorted out on both ends as the front arm fouls on the bottom of the forks currently and I dont like the way the rear cable has to pull across from the pedal through the shock spring to the arm - perhaps the best way to go on this will be a cranked rod??

We managed to get a petrol tap from the Malvern show at the weekend so it is highly likely that the bike will get it's first trial to check things over this weekend at the BMCA trial at Bewdley.

No comments: