Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Tuesday 13 February 2007

Spritepost 8




Now as we are waiting for the wheels to come back from the builders there have been a few mods done that have been noticed during the build.

I have gone with a pair of Miller alloy hubs as the delay in waiting for Alan Whitton hubs that I have in the Cub would have taken the project past the end of Feb when I needed the bike finished by. I have heard that some of these hubs have had the linings come loose so will have to keep tabs on that....

Some of the mods done have included widening the fork brace/mudguard mounting points to give a little more clearance either side of the tyre and removing the rear loop on the frame as it appeared that the mudguard would have been too low and potentially bottomed out on the tyre when the suspension was fully compressed. As the frame had been powder coated, bending it would have damaged the finish so we went for a separate loop attached in a similar way to a James frame from the top shock mounting point. This also has a second loop added to give the mudguard a second anchor point and stiffen the whole rear section - see pictures.

The wheels should be back on Thurs/Fri this week so we hope to have it finished next week for a try out at the BMCA trial at Billingsley on 25th Feb.

No comments: