Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Sunday 25 February 2007

Eventpost 4 - Billingsley BMCA




Rode today at Billingsley near Bewdley. The trial was laid out by Steve Thompson and the conditions made for a great trial that certainly spread the field out but gave everyone a really good test.

The sections were mainly based along a stream with muddy climbs and drops in and out of the water.
Overall I felt like I had a decent ride with few real mistakes and most of the marks lost I actually needed.

The hardest section (6 of my 17 marks) was section 7 which started in the stream over rocks then came out of the water round a fallen tree, dropped back into the water to go up a small waterfall then back out before a tricky drop across the stream to turn left up a couple of ruts to a steep muddy exit. I finally got it right on the last lap when it was possibly at it's hardest but by then 6 marks had slipped away.

I finished 4th overall and 3rd in the Unit 4 stroke class.

Results (Expert)

2 Stroke
1. Alan Nicklin 14
2. Mick Parkes 18
3. Chris Denny 29
4. Jim Pickering 33
5. Mick Metcalf 49
6. Nathan Jones 49

4 Stroke
1. Alan Taylor 8
2. Steve Hay 9
3. Dave Dawson 17
4. Dave Wood 19
5. Tony Perkin 35
6. Dave Jones 52

Pictures from today's event

No comments: