Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Monday 29 January 2007

Eventspost 1 - Hodnet BMCA







At last I have ridden my first trial of 2007. After weather and illness it was good to actually get out and ride. The event was a BMCA trial at Hodnet (a small farm about 400yds from the entrance to Hawkstone Park Moto X circuit).

It was also the first time out on the bike with the new rear subframe and swinging arm. I had a slight problem with the silencer touching the swinging arm under full load so put some 20mm longer shocks on last week to adress the problem - it certainly improved the suspension and with the lighter weight it made moving the back wheel easier. (in fact the hardest section of the day was made much easier with a little hop of the rear wheel to line up for a tight gap between 2 trees - much to the delight of some of the hardened classic riders I am sure but I suppose its no different to a wheelie as long as you keep moving)

The weather was dry and the ground was a little heavy but with the sandy soil it made for a grippy surface. Frank Bourne put the trial on and though not too difficult it was quite tight and easy to lose marks with any lapse of concentration.

Well, the good news is that I won the trial (actually joint first to be honest with Mick Parkes) on clean. I thought that I had actually lost 1 mark but the observer must have missed it - you win some you lose some and I will probably feel hard done by from observers on occasions this year so I guess it all evens itself up eventually. In fact I think it's the first time I have ever cleaned a whole trial so it sets the year off fantastically.
Pictures are from the trial Results as follows;
Class A
1. Mick Parkes Clean
2. Bob Greenhough 5
3. Steve Neale 5
4. Dave Jones 6
Class B
1. Dave Dawson Clean
2. Alan Borton 8
3. Steve Thompson 12
4. Brian Dale 24
Class C
1. Pete Reed 4
2. Bill Bourne 6
Class D
1. Nathan Jones 6