Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Friday 23 February 2007

Spritepost 10 Finished ????


At last the bike is at a stage where it can be ridden..... I wouldnt say finished as it needs to be ridden to sort out carburation and ignition. The original carb has been put back on as it didn't run too well on the new carb.

We will take it out to our local practice ground tomorrow and see what needs to be done then if all is well I will ride it at the BMCA trial at Bewdley on Sunday and see how it performs in a trial.

I think you will agree that it looks fantastic and when you think about the transformation in just 6 weeks since I bought the bike you will realise just how big the debt is that I owe to my Dad for doing this project with little more than hassle from me changing ideas and making suggestions that ultimately meant more work for him

As he is retired and can now spend his time doing his hobby I am sure he has enjoyed doing this as much as I have enjoyed watching it come to life ..... Thanks Dad!!!

(For Info - that's Pete Dawson - Tel 01527 870365 if you want to commission him to do a restoration job)

No comments: