Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Tuesday 13 February 2007

Eventpost 3 - Warmden Red Rose Classic




Rode the Red Rose Classic trial on Sunday at Warmden near Accrington. Overall the trial was good, with the weather starting a little cold and wet but soon drying up and even a bit of sun by the end of the trial.

The sections were quite good with some rocks, climbs and even a bit of mud and water thrown in. As with many of the Pre65 trials the sections were marked out sensibly with potential to lose marks for lapses of concentration but a little too easy to claw any marks back if you make an error.

I rode pretty well considering that I am still learning to ride rocks and need to loosen up and let the bike flow rather than attempting to muscle it across rocks, still a learning curve that I am sure I will get through with more events near home.

I thought that I had done OK for 6 marks as I was going round but a quick check after the trial revealed that I had been given two 5's by a rather officious observer for reasons unclear to me. I think that the no stop rule had been applied by the letter of the law and I may have been given fives for feet up stationary.

I did say after the Hodnet trial when I was not docked for a mark that I thought I had dropped, that these things even themselves out - weill this weekend I guess the pendulum swung back the other way so it has evened itself out.

Results

2 Stroke
1. Chris Gascoigne 1
2. Carl Winstanley 9
3. Richard Thorpe 13
4. P McCanna 14
5. Frank Anderton 32

4 Stroke Unit
1. Tony Dillon 4
2. Derek Brookes 5
3. John Maxfield 7
4. Mark Harrison 11
5. Dave Dawson 16

4 Stroke Pre-Unit
1. Malc Cocking 8
2. Colin Benson 21

Photos courtesy of www.cameraguy.co.uk

No comments: