Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Sunday 4 February 2007

Eventpost 2 - Wilderley BMCA




BMCA trial today put on by Nigel Houlston at Wilderley near Dorrington, Shropshire.

The event was held in Streams and woods and although quite slick the sections were sensible yet challenging and each one was capable of taking marks off even the best riders with any lapse of concentration. Generally a great trial....

The going started good but soon became very slippery but then the grip came back by the last lap.

I had a bit of bike trouble on the 1st and 2nd laps with the chain jumping on the rear sprocket - finally a bit of tinkering with the snail cams cured the problem and the last 2 laps went without problem.

I felt that I rode quite well with only a few slack marks thrown away that shouldn't have been lost (mainly on section 4 which was a blast across a boggy mud slot which I got wrong on lap 2 and missed the rut which called for a heavy 3 rather than a fairly simple clean and section 8 where I couldn't get to grips with a steep climb out on a camber until the last lap but had lost 7 marks on the section by then) the remainder of the trial saw some good rides and I was particularly pleased with just how well the bike went in the mud where grip was much better than I expected.

Results as follows;
Two Strokes
1. Mick Parkes 15
2. Nathan Jones 18
3. Steve Neale 29
4. Bob Greenhough 37
Unit Four Strokes
1. Dave Dawson 16
2. Gary Hawkins 37
3. Alan Borton 58
4. Dave Jones 59
Twins/Pre Unit
1. Nick Wooley 35
2. Jim Pickering 43
3. Pete Reed 58
4. Steve Thompson 63
Rigid
1. Joe Howells 60

Pictures from today

No comments: