Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Saturday 7 November 2009

Eventpost 46 - Classic Experts Trial

The curse continues.....

You may recall that I went to the Classic Experts Trial 2 years ago and failed to get to the 1st group of sections when the ignition failed on my Sprite..... well I did manage to go a little further this year - to section 8 in fact.....

I started off steadily, leaving the first group on 7 after losing a 5 on section 4 and a couple of steadying dabs, then in the second group on a double sub I dropped into the stream and felt a clunk from the bars, then after the section I checked the bike and found that the steerer was loose. Closer inspection revealed that something was very wrong and it appeared that the alloy insert in the yokes had broken, so it was an early bath as it was not something we could chance for the rest of a difficult trial like that.

I decided to nurse it to the next group to watch and then it really dawned that it wasn't my day as I then had a rear tyre puncture on the road!!!!

Fortunately Dad had come with me and was following the trial on his Serow, so he was able to go back and collect the van and recover me.

I am now writing this on Saturday evening and the bike has been completely stripped down ready for repairs to the yoke insert and waiting for the new frame to arrive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monday night and frame came last week...still no pictures from Dad's workshop waist deep in bits !! Come on Dawson.
Richard

Dave Dawson said...

All in good time Rich - work started today but this is going to be a slow build as it's not going to be ready this week so I am doing a lot of stuff to make it exactly how I want it - could take till Jan to get it finished - no rush for the right job - I know it will be a good un
......watch this space!