Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Wednesday 25 November 2009

Beezerpost 20






It is starting to take shape nicely with a few more mods this week in the hands of Mechanic Pete!

The brackets have been brazed on for the rear brake anchor and the side stand, the spacers made up for the rear wheel along with some nice new snail cams and the chain guard fitted. The wheel now slots into the swinging arm nicely.

I should have a new rear sprocket and kick start arriving this week from Terry Weedy. I have decided to make the 1st gear a little longer so I am changing the rear sprocket from 62T to 58T, also the KTM kick start currently on the engine doesn't clear the footrest on the new frame so I am putting a Miller type kick starter on it which will clear the footrest without having to fold it up.

Not too much left to be done now before it goes to Steve Gagg's for the finishing touches (tank, exhaust, seat, bash plate and rear brake pedal) unfortunately this will have to wait till mid December due to Steve's workload so it looks like there will be little progress now till the end of the year when it comes back.

Jan will then be busy with stripping, powder coating and re-building before I get to ride it....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good. While the bike is having a major make-over, what about the rider ?
Richard (also in need of an over haul!! )

Dave Dawson said...

I certainly could do with one mate!!! Hope you are well. When are we likely to see you wobbling around on your BSA (trials bike) then??

Anonymous said...

I tend to wobble most leaving the rugby club !! As for doing so on the beza....no idea. Started the new house build and have to prep 3 scrambles bikes + wife and children.
Will let youy know
Richard

Dave Dawson said...

If you have time to go to the Rugby club and to surf my site in the middle of the day, you have no excuses...lol I think you should rest on your laurels with that trick BSA scrambler you have on the bench and make a trials bike that if of a similar standard! see you soon Dave