Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Saturday 21 November 2009

Beezerpost 19






Mechanic Pete has had a couple of busy days on the bike since the frame arrived on Wednesday night.

Firstly the oil pump cover needed a modification to reduce the depth that it hangs down under the engine and will allow for a completely flat bash plate. The original was removed and replaced with a 5mm alloy plate, milled out on the inside to allow for the oil to still circulate through the pump.

Next was a re-fit of the yokes. As a solid alloy spindle came with the frame along with different sized bearings, the insterts in the yokes needed adapting to allow for correct fitting.

Other mods have included a head steady, making up T Joints for the oil pipes and some mods to the inside of the swinging arm to allow my rear wheel to fit without the hub fouling on the insides of the frame.

All this has now been done and it is sitting on it's wheels as a rolling chassis with the engine in.

There are a few bits and bobs to be done next week - rear brake anchor bracket, side stand mounting point and a bit of tidying up on the mudguard stays for the front mudguard, then the week after next it will do a trip up to Steve Gagg's place for a tank, seat, exhaust and silencer, bash plate and rear brake pedal to be made.

I really think that this is going to be a cracker when it is done and I have some nice plans for the stuff that Steve is going to make but I will keep those ideas under wraps until they are done.

Today's pics are from the first stages of the initial dry build..

No comments: