Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Thursday 26 November 2009

Beezerpost 21





Nice couple of touches to the bike today that may not seem much but make a big difference.....

Firstly I was never too keen on the routing of the clutch cable round the left side of the engine as it always felt like it was exposed with a potential to catch on something and even get burnt where it touched the side of the barrel.

I had a nice little modification on the Sprite with a wheel that helped the routing of the cable and managed to get Alan Nicklin to make a similar mechanism for the BSA. It attaches to the original cable stop on the engine and allows the cable to route cleanly up to the top tube without getting in the way and also actually makes the clutch pull lighter.

Also the throttle cable from the top of the carb had to bend in order to route under the tank on the old frame and I wanted a better solution. I managed to get hold of a Montesa cable tube and Dad soldered it to the Amal carb fitting so that the cable routes much more cleanly now.

The pics show these 2 additions...

No comments: