Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Monday 2 August 2010

Eventpost 61 - LLangollen MCC, Trevor


Yesterday I rode in the PJ1 Northern British Bike Championship round at Trevor near Llangollen.

During the week leading up to the event I had been setting up the bike to run on an Amal carb and even though it was far from running as consistently and cleanly as it does on the DelOrto carb I thought I would give it a go at this trial. That was fine until right up to the start when I took a look round the car park and saw that just about every Triumph cub was fitted with a DelOrto and clearly there was no real application of any rules relating to the bike requiring a British original carb so in the interests of having a good trouble free ride I promptly switched back from the Amal.

The trial was held in a beautiful area with fantastic scenery and great trials ground that mixed just about every type of going that you are likely to come across, Mud, streams, slippery rocks, slates and woodland.

The sections had been marked out on the easy side, however with the various types of terrain and differing conditions it was very easy to lose marks and I saw some of the recognised top riders losing marks and the odd 5's on the loose banks in the woods and the slippery rocks in the streams.

I had a very steady ride for 4 single dabs, 2 of them early on where I made mistakes on slick cambered turns in the woods and another 2 after the lunch stop when we were the first to ride through some rocky streams and I lost the front wheel on the slippery turns.

I have not seen any results yet but I am hopeful that I will have produced a decent result. I would expect some of the aces like Carl Batty to have been on clean but after that it's anyone's guess at the results.

I will update with results as soon as I hear something. The picture is of the start whilst we were waiting for the off - Steve Thompson is holding my bike to the left of the shot.

Results just received from Brad Jones

Results:

2 Stroke Hard route
1. Carl Batty 0
2. Peter Gaunt 5
3. Jim Pickering 7
4. Darren Cooper 8
5. Russell Jones 12

Unit Construction Hard Route
1. Dave Dawson 4
2. Dave Wood 7
3. Mark Quinn 9
4. Malcolm Cocking 11
5. Chris Denney 14

Pre Unit Construction Hard Route
1. Roly Jones 8
2. Mick Grant 10
3. Duncan McDonald 15
4. Dave Emmott 23
5. Mick Clarke 28

No comments: