Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Sunday 25 July 2010

Eventpost 60 - Hawkstone Park




Yesterday I went to the famous motocross and trials venue of Hawkstone Park for the Classic trial that was held as a part of the Classic weekend with the scramble to follow today.

The venue has been used for motocross through the years and GP's have been held there for as long as I can remember with the big hill and the sandy course being a challenge that every racer wants to ride at some point in their career. I managed to get my chance at motocross in about 1999 as part of the same weekend when I rode my 360 Bultaco at the event but had never ridden a trial there before, only visited as a spectator for the British round of the World trials champs.

If you have never been there before the going is made up of dark sand and sandstone rocks and the hillside is pretty steep and covered in trees so you know that you are going to get steep climbs (and descents). rocks and roots where the sand is dug away from the base of the trees. This weekend was no different, with a little bit of dampness to make the rocks slippery for good measure.

I started well with clean, one, clean on the first 3 sections and was actually first to get up section 2 without footing as it was a very steep loamy climb through the trees and across cambered roots followed by a nice out of control drop back down to the foot of the climb. Unfortunately I stalled at the top and the drop was done even quicker than expected with the clutch in and reliance on the brakes only, I had a single steadying dab but felt good about how I had started.

The rest of the first lap was really a story of how the day was going to go, some really good rides and some very mediocre rides which resulted in odd dabs, 2's and 3's - many of which were not really required.

I felt pretty tired to be honest and I think it might have been the fact that I'm on a low carb diet with no training at the moment in a concerted effort to lose some weight. Another couple of weeks and I can get back to the gym and a more balanced diet which should be better.

Anyway, I finished on 30 marks which I felt was OK, but probably about twice as many as I should have lost.

Results are as follows;

Results

Class A (Up to 350cc Experts)
1. Chris Collins 2
2. John Maxfield 12
3. Graham Brown 13
4. Alan Nicklin 15
5. Dave Wood 15
6. James Newstead 19
7. Steve Hay 21
8. Chris Chell 22
9. Alan Wright 30
10. Dave Dawson 30
11. Nathan Jones 30
12. Jim Pickering 32
13. Mick Parkes 42
14. Kevin Taylor 44
15. Chris Denney 45
16. Mick Burton 45
17. Steve Thompson 59

Class B (Over 350cc Experts)
1. Rob Bowyer 17
2. Andy Richardson 20
3. Bill Bourne 37
4. Simon Chell 45
5. Gary Mitchell 73
6. Pete Reed 74

Class C (Intermediates)
1. Andy Pitt 36
2. Dave Jones 38
3. Steve Walker 42
4. Mike Bowers 53
5. Mike Bell 53
6. Andy Hunt 61

Class D (Clubman)
1. Anthony Charles 21
2. Ben Dutton 30
3. Martin Patrick 34
4. Will Tyler 37
5. John Davies 38
6. Graham Lyons 40

No comments: