Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Wednesday 11 August 2010

Change of Vehicles



A little time ago I posted a couple of pics of a Volvo XC60 that I was about to buy, however not being great at waiting, the 7 weeks came and went and finally I had a call from the dealer to let me know that the Volvo had a manufacturing delay and I would have to wait another 4 weeks!!

Whilst I was waiting I decided that I didn't need it so I am afraid I told them where they could stick their 4 week delay and on the spur of the moment I decided that a road bike was in order so I popped down the local Yamaha dealer and acquired a nice new 600 Diversion. I now use it for the 50 mile (each way) commute to work which is fun and also saves on the parking fees at the office!

A few other things have also changed at the Dawson house.... The wife's Mini was just coming up to 3 years old and was ready for changing so we decided to change up to a spanking new Cooper S with her own spec which we can use as our 'going out' car and that finally opened up an opportunity to get the van that I have been trying to get her to agree to for a couple of years.

I looked at a number of options and decided that the ideal vehicle was something between a VW Caddy that drives like a car and a Mercedes Vito or VW Transporter with a second row of seats that would be a bit more practical..

I looked around and decided that an ideal solution would be a VW Caddy Maxi with the 140 bhp engine. The one that I have got is the maxi Life with dark windows. I can remove the 3rd row of seats and fold up the front row to leave a van that will take 2 bikes easily and yet still be a usable every day vehicle that is as comfortable as a car to drive.

Pics are of my new vehicles. The Caddy comes tomorrow and will get its first trip to a trial with bikes inside on Sunday when we go to Builth Wells for the next Sammy Miller round..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't tell my wife she can make a car choise like that...
Make sure you fit the mats and seat covers in the van. Like the bike..me thinks you are having to much fun.
Richard