Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Saturday 17 April 2010

Eventpost 54 - Sammy Miller Series Round 2 - Harry Perrey Trial, Clee Hill






Today was the second round of the Sammy Miller Series held around the Clee Hill area of Shropshire.

The weather was fantastic and even without the trial is was a superb day for riding bikes around the Shropshire countryside.

The trial was held over 30 sections which were mostly held in rocky streams and gullies and the odd bit of woodland. The sections were set out on the easy side but consisted of plenty of challenges that could easily take marks.

I started off steadily to be clean after the first 2 groups then we met some more slippery sections in Silvington Wood where mud and rocks combined to make the going quite tricky. I had a dab on section 9 then on section 10 a difficult set of muddy slots followed by a rocky gully up a steep bank I cleaned the difficult early part of the section then getting ready for the rocky gully up to the ends cards I stalled the bike for a silly 5 when a very good clean was definitely on the cards. This was followed by another dab on section 11 in Starvecrow.

I then got my head down and managed a string of cleans which started to make the 7 marks quite reasonable once again. I stayed on 7 right up to about section 24 in the penultimate group, a double sub with an exit that looked so simple that I didn't even bother to walk it. I rode the section for clean then got to the top of the bank and headed for the ends cards but missed a gate and another stupid 5 was on the card!

A dab and a 2 in the last group at Bedlam finished the day on 15 which I think will be a long way off the mark, however I take encouragement from the fact that I actually only lost 5 marks through riding the sections which I feel was a pretty steady ride and the actual score of 15 didn't really reflect the way I rode.

It was a thoroughly enjoyable day and yet again the bike didn't miss a beat all day (I am pretty sure that even the stall was my fault as I normally clutch it and clear the engine in sections where required and on that occasion I think I was just not concentrating enough on what I was doing).

The photos are all from today and I will post results as soon as I get them (not holding my breath though as I would imagine a number of riders would have been on low single figure scores.

Results just in......

2 Stroke Class
1. Russell Jones 5
2. Peter Gaunt 6
3. Jim Pickering 8
4. Chris Denney 10
5. Brad Jones 13
6. Peter Salt 23

Unit Construction
1. Jonathan Souch 7
2. barry Stephens 8
3. Keith Gardner 9
4. Gary Hawkins 15
5. Gerry Minshall 36

Pre Unit/British Replica's
1. Davy Morewood 3
2. Duncan McDonald 4
3. Martyn Wilmore 6
4. Mick Grant 11
5. Dave Dawson 15
6. Dave Emmott 16

No comments: