Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Thursday 15 April 2010

Beezerpost 36





This weekend I am riding the Harry Perrey Trial which is the 2nd round of the Sammy Miller series. I will again be riding in the British Replica's class which includes the pre unit bikes that wish to ride the hard route at the event so the entry looks quite competitive with the likes of Wilmore, Grant, McDonald and Morewood all out on their trick Arials.

After this weekend it will be an opportunity to address a couple of things that I have noticed that need a bit of attention.

1. The bike is pretty loud (loud enough to give me a headache after 10 mins riding it on the road - I'm honestly thinking of ear plugs this weekend!) - there are a couple of solutions here..... to go back to Steve Gagg and try another approach with the silencer, to add a final silencer and also to try something different. I don't want to change the power delivery as i am quite happy with how it performs, so before anything else I have managed to get hold of a stainless steel silencer from a Seeley Honda and I think it will fit quite well with little modification. As it was pretty inexpensive I think it is worth a try before doing anything else. It arrived today and is a nice job so it will be interesting to see how it works

2. I have never really liked the bulky oil filter that we have been using so I have bitten the bullet and bought a nice small unit from D&C Classic Motorcycles called 'the unique oil filtration system' this fits in line on the return pipe and should fit neatly out of the way either under the engine or even up under the tank (see picture)

3. Following the bad weather I got quite a bit of road salt on the wheels transporting the bike around. As a result the galvanised spokes became pretty marked and don't look great. I am therefore planning to have the wheels stripped and re-built with stainless spokes. Whilst the wheels are apart we will possibly do a bit of machining on the hubs and have them powder coated black so they look the part.

I will update the site with a report from the weekend and also pics and reports on these jobs as they happen.

No comments: