Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Wednesday 28 April 2010

Beezerpost 40




A lot of action on the bike front today....

Firstly, thanks to Terry Millichap for turning the wheels round so quickly. We now have freshly built wheels with the old hubs machined down and powder coated black and built up with stainless spokes.

Secondly, Dad has done a fine modification to lower the rear brake pedal and fit the new Talon footrests

This evening we have put the tyres on and dropped the wheels in, put some oil in and it has had its first run with the new exhaust on.

Of course it is too early to give a proper report but in the short run up and down the road it certainly runs quieter than with the old silencer and feels like it has lost none of its punch off the bottom end - all looks very promising and I plan to take it over the practice sections at the farm at some point over the weekend however first it needs a quick MOT so it's still with Dad as there is a classic bike friendly MOT station nearby!

No comments: