Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Wednesday 21 November 2007

Spritepost 28

I tried my best to keep it under wraps but as Piers has just sent me the first photos of the tank I felt that I needed to share what it's going to look like!!!

It has just been flatted to have some more lacquer coats so will not end up looking dull as in the photo but you can see what the finished paint will look like.

The idea came from the original Sprite logo being on a Union Jack background and I really wanted something that would be identifiable yet different - i think that has been achieved with this???

I think the airbrushed Sprite and Villiers logos really set it off rather than running stickers as I had originally planned to do.

Let me know what you think, either by comments on the site or to davedawson444@btinternet.com

2 comments:

Bully said...

Looks Gr8 Dave. Trouble is with me if i had somthing that special on the bike i would be frightened to ride it for fear of denting it, which of course i would.
Look forward to seeing it first hand.
Catch ya soon.
Bully

Dave Dawson said...

You know mate, with my luck it's definately going to happen sooner or later, but at least with a painted tank it can be filled or blown out and repainted, where the polished ones just look crap forever!
I will be at Wilderley on Sunday, so see you then
Dave