Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Sunday 25 November 2007

Eventpost 18 - Wilderley BMCA





Wilderley BMCA trial today and after the rain yesterday the going was quite muddy but suprisingly grippy.
Nigel Houlston put on a good trial today with good use of the ground and the hard route certainly gave a few challenges to the field.
I can honestly say that the bike was fantastic and didn't miss a beat all day and I think I rode well, certainly after a first lap mishap.
The result doesn't quite paint the whole picture of the day as I lost 5 or my 9 marks for going the wrong way on section 3 on the first lap, therefore I actually rode the trial for 4 marks which I was happy with.
STOP PRESS - after posting this last night, the results showed that I had finished 2nd, however later on I received a 2nd set of revised results as there has been a counting error on the 1st set and I found that I had won the trial. The resvised results are shown below;
Results
Hard Route
1. Dave Dawson 9
2. Nathan Jones 11
3. Dave Jones 14
4. Pete Reed 21
5. Gary Hawkins 24
6. Alan Borton 24
7. Graham Roberts 31
8. Steve Thompson 48
9. Bob Greenhough 54
Easy Route
1. Roy Jones 0
2. Andy Lane 3
3. Dave Hammersley 6
4. Colin Smith 7
5. Joe Owen 7
6. Ray Barrett 7
7. Ian Bullock 8
8. Tony Bradley 9
9. Al Ussher 10


4 comments:

Bully said...

Hi Dave, well done bloke, I still think you need to do 100 lines mind you. " I will not ride the wrong way in a section " ya plonker.
By the way your bike looked gr8.

Bully

Dave Dawson said...

Thanks mate - I know, I will have to stop trail bazing and riding the sections first!!!
You had a decent ride yourself, you will be on the hard route soon!!!

See you in a few weeks,

Dave

Bully said...

Hi Dave,
How did you and the other lads do in the team trial yesterday?
Who ended up riding in the end?

Bully

Dave Dawson said...

Bully, I didn't ride in the end as I had some family duties that I wasn't brave enough to get out of!

Dad went and by all accounts it was a really hard trial but the BMCA guys rode really well.

If the stories coming through are correct then it seems like Alan Nicklin may have won it which is fantastic. Alan was on 16 and the reports coming in suggest that the big guns were all having 5's so it will be interesting to see the results on Thursday in the paper.

see you Sunday

Dave