Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Monday 5 November 2007

Eventpost 16 - Shatterford BMCA





My Sprite has been back to Alan Nicklin this week for a few mods to be done (thanks Alan!) the issues I had been having with the bike being a little sluggish off the bottom were looked at and a new carb inlet manifold, some flywheel weight removed and some work on the carb slide have resulted in the engine being transformed.

Another nice touch has been a wheel to route the clutch cable in a more direct line and make the clutch lighter - if fact it now feels as light as a hydraulic clutch on a modern bike - perhaps the cramp from over using the clutch will now subside!!

Anyway, the bike is running and performing well but I am afraid I let it down myself this week. The trial was very easy and as normal I found myself losing silly marks due to concentration towards the end of the trial - in fact 3 laps for 1 mark and then 9 marks on the last lap was the result of taking things too easy and not concebtrating on the task in hand. I think Alan Nicklin and Steve Hay were both clean and I would have been fairly satisfied with 1 or 2 marks lost but slack marks on sections 6 and 7 plus a 5 on the easiest section of the trial (dont know why but the observer must have seen something he didn't like) made for a spoilt afternoon out..

I am afraid that this happens far too often in easy trials when i think about what I am doing on the first couple of laps then go into my own world and undo all the good work on the last lap thinking about what's recorded on sky for when I get home!!

This week I am planning to ride the Classic Experts Trial at Rhyader which is a single lap road trial so I should be able to focus on what I am doing and see if a harder trial brings out the Dave that can ride a bit!!

Anyway - thanks this week go to Bully for the pep talk - mate, I know you read this so thanks for the words of wisdom!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave,
Can we see a photo of the clutch cable wheel.
Regards,
Richard.

Dave Dawson said...

Richard - I wil post latest Sprite photos after this weekend, will take some at the Classic Experts trial on Sturday

Dave