Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Thursday 1 November 2007

Fanticpost 2
















The majority of the work has been done already. We decided to leave the geometry of the frame as it was but make some adjustments that would help the overall handling of the bike;

  • The footrests have been moved down and back to lower the centre of gravity and make it more stable.
  • The top yokes have been cut to move the handlebar clamps forwards and make the steering more precise and quicker

  • The clutch lever has been lengthened and a new cable stop has been machined to keep the cable in line with the lever

  • The engine was in great condition so it has just had a cosmetic make over with the head and barrell shot blasted and the cases rubber down and sprayed silver

  • The frame has been to the powder coater's and we decided to make it a little different by doing it in white.

  • The fork stansions have gone off to be ground and re-chromed and the lowers have been stripped and polished

  • New wider footrests and rear shocks have gone on

  • The tank has been sent away to be used as a pattern to make a thermoplastic replacement as original replacements were not available from the usual supplier

We are now waiting for a perts list to arrive from Steve Goode motorcycles which includes controls (cables, levers, twistgrip, grips, new tyres, fork seals and dust covers, new carb jets and airbox hoses, air filter etc etc)

As you can see from the pictures, the build has started and it's looking good already. I will ost more pics as it comes together

No comments: