Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Monday 31 May 2010

Job Done!




After only a couple of weeks, Dad has turned Richard's bike around and produced a lovely, tidy bike that is ready to ride.

Richard called me last Thursday after collecting it and he was positively bubbling with pride in his freshly built bike, so much so that he felt the need to call at BVM on the way home to purchase a new helmet and pair of boots as the old ones would look out of place on the fresh new bike!

Here are a couple of shots of the finished product - a nice job I think!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bike had it's first event today, Somerton Classic on the Mendips in Somerset. Bike went very well, rider had 16 years of non trialing rust to shift.
A great day and will be looking for any more spare weekend between scrambles and family.
Pete did a fab job.

Richard

Anonymous said...

Dave,
ever more of a surprise, I was third in class !!!
Richard

Dave Dawson said...

Thats fantastic Richard - look forward to seeing you at the Bonanza this weekend Dave