Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Sunday 30 May 2010

Eventpost 57 - AJS & Matchless Club, Tardebigge





Today I rode at the annual AJS and Matchless trial held at Tardebigge near Bromsgrove.

The weather played a big part in the trial yet again as the rain yesterday made it very difficult for the organisers to get the level of sections right. They has to err on the side of caution due to the rain, however a dry night and a sunny morning dried the ground out and made the sections on the easy side.

I didn't ride particularly well today after losing a 3 on the first lap on section 5, a tight section on cambered, wooded banks that needed you to be right on line for the first part to enable you to make the next two turns. I got off line going into the first part and needed a dab and that set me up for another two dabs on the following turns.

The one challenging section was section 9 which involved a very tight off cambered turn into a root step which was almost impossible without either a big dab to lift the front or some trick hopping (which isn't allowed in non stop trials). This took me for 3,2,5,5 which was about par for the course as plenty of riders were failing.

Finally I lost another couple of dabs on section 10 for a total of 20 marks for the trial.

Whilst writing this I have received the results and find that I have been given a five on the very simple section 7. I guess the observer made a mistake or saw something that I didn't, but no big deal as it was an enjoyable gallop round and a bit of fun.

Results

Experts up to 250cc
1. Nathan Jones. 10
2. Steve Hay. 10
3. Alan Nicklin. 12
4. Chris Pearson. 21
5. Dave Jones. 24
6. Chris Denny. 25

Experts over 250cc
1. Dave Dawson. 25
2. Alan Borton. 31
3. Pete Reed. 44
4. Lawrence Alden. 44

Experts Pre-Unit
1. Steve Thompson. 37
2. Mick Parkes. 44

Todays pictures include a couple of Alan Nicklin and Chris Denny both on section 9.

No comments: