Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Monday 5 May 2008

Modern Trials!!!




Having given it some thought over the last few weeks I have decided that the Fantic was not the best idea I have had.

With a really good classic bike I think that I will ride this most of the time and there is a classic class at most events that I go to. The other trials where I would be tempted out with the Fantic are really modern trials with a twinshock class. Therefore I decided that if I am going to be at a modern trial I may as well ride a modern bike!

I also decided that with my dodgy right knee, if I got a bike with a left side kick start I might save some of the pressure I have been putting on the knee from the continuous stabbing action of starting a 2 stroke.

Therefore a 2 stroke modern Beta would fit the bill. I managed to find someone that was looking to trade a 2 month old 2008 Beta 250 for a good twin shock and the deal was done!

I have been out on it today for an hour and honestly have forgotten how easy they are to ride, espectially in the brakes and suspension departments.

I will need to sort out the rather low bar position as I found some back ache after only half an hour, but that should be a fairly easy fix.

As you can see, it's in pretty good condition as its only done 3 or 4 trials from new, there were a few sticker scratches, which is why the rear mudgard is unbadged, but I will get some replacements for that some time soon.

No comments: