Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Sunday 11 May 2008

Arielpost 8





















Loads of work has gone into the bike in the last few days;


- The hub has come back from the powder coaters and the rear wheel built up.

- The footrest hangers have been and come back from the powder coaters.

- Dad has been to Steve Gagg's to collect a replacement primary chain cover as we found that the bike has an original gearbox shaft which is about 1/4 inch longer than some that the trials guys are fitting and therefore our case was a little too narrow. Anyway this has been replaced and fitted.

- The tank has gone off to the painters - no secrets to be given away on that yet, but I think it will look lovely when it comes back.

- The rear wheel has been fitted, brake arm made and fitted and chain fitted.

- The engine has been timed up.

- Cables and oil pipes fitted.

As you can see from todays pictures we now have the bike on its wheels and it is looking like a trials bike! In fact with tank, seat and rear mudguard on it would be pretty much finished.

I have been helping on the polishing mop today putting a bit of a shine on the primary case, timing chain cover, front rim, front fork legs and front mudguard - as you can see on the pics, I know its going to be a comp bike not a show bike, but it is nice to see them shiny every now and again.

The plan for this week is to make a chain guard, give the bike a once over with the spanners to make sure that all is tight and fitted correctly then we are in a position where we are waiting for the seat to arrive from Steve Gagg so that the rear mudguard can be cut and fitted. The tank is due back from painting on Weds night and we are hoping to get it MOT'd on Friday so that we can run it on Saturday and then ride the Sam Cooper trial in the Sammy Miller championship on Sunday.

I know it all sounds a bit tight but where would we be without some goals to stretch us???

Watch this space for the final pics of the bike at the end of the week.......hopefully.

No comments: