Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Tuesday 24 April 2007

Eventpost 8 - Branshaw Quarry, Keighley Yorkshire Classic


This Sunday I rode at a round of the Yorkshire Clasic Pre Unit Championship at Branshaw Quarry, Keighley.

As expected the trial was pretty easy as it was a pre unit championship trial but was a good day out at a good rocky venue and was a good opportunity to continue to get used to the 2 stroke bike.

The bike performed well, though still feels a little fluffy off the bottom, I think it may be just carburation as it feels a little rich so will be doing some experimenting with needle heights and jetting over the next few weeks to see if it can run a bit crisper.

This was not really an issue in the trial though as I finished equal 1st on clean, losing out on the oldest rider rule in the tie breaker.

Results
Unit Class
1. M Clarke 0
2. C Winstanley 0
3. S Holt 0
4. Dave Dawson 0
5. D Brookes 1
6. M Driffield 1
7. J Maxfield 2

Pre Unit
1. D Emmott 4
2. J Feather 9
3. C Pawson 42

Twins
1. G Emmott 0
2. G Marshall 1
3. D Harrison 3


Photo courtesy of the Yorkshire Classic web site

No comments: