Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Sunday 1 April 2007

Eventpost 6 - Mitton BMCA




My first ride on the Sprite went as well as I could have expected. I rode the final round of the BMCA championship at Mitton near Penkridge.

On the positive side, the bike handles fantastically and the engine runs as sweet as a nut. The teething troubles are not too bad, the clutch needs a bit of work as it seems to be vibrating itself out of adjustment and I had some problems with the front brake binding on.

The brake problem caused 4 of the 6 marks lost today as I had only dropped 2 marks by the end of the 3rd lap yet 4 marks slipped away on the last lap when the brake kept sticking on.

Even with the problems I still managed to finish 2nd in my class and 4th in the trial so overall it was very encouraging and for a shakedown ride it was very promising.

Todays Results

2 Stroke
1. Mick Parkes 1
2. Dave Dawson 6
3. Steve Neale 11
4. Nathan Jones 19
5. Bob Greenhough 21

Unit 4 Stroke
1. Dave Jones 5
2. Alan Borton 12
3. Gary Hawkins 17
4. Brian Dale 20
5. Alan Halford 28

Pre Unit 4 Stroke
1. Pete Reed 4
2. Jim Pickering 8

Photos from todays event - note the new riding gear (perhaps i'll ride in red all the time on the 2 stroke so I will remember which bike I was on in future photos???)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure if you will get this, as have never been on a blog. Found your site while searching for sprite motorcycles. I have most of one and am looking for a many pictures as possible.
Can you help ?

Dave Dawson said...

Hi - I had the same problem finding photos of Sprites when doing this one. I have loads of pictures of this project but alas no other bikes - sorry Dave

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave, I have got a frame, forks, wheel, engine and a few other bits. Could I get some pictures from your bike of bits like footrests, rear brake set up etc. You altered the frame, where did you cut and where did you bend ? Any info would be of great help as I want to get it back on the road. By the way my other trials bike is a cub, not as trick as yours and a Cotton scrambler.Richard.

Dave Dawson said...

Richard - No problem with sending you any photos you need, let me have an email address for you and we can talk off line about what you need and any info I can provide

Dave

Anonymous said...

Dave, If you could mail any pictures to richard.clake@gvagrimley.co.uk I would be very gratefull.
Cheers