Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Tuesday 10 April 2007

Eventpost 7 - Red Marley







Easter Sunday saw the annual Red Marley Trial run on the surrounding grounds of the Red Marley Hill Climb planned for Easter Monday. A fairly large entry of almost 150 riders saw 2 laps of 20 sections taking in varying types of sections from loose loamy soil and streams in the lower wood, and tight sections on the loose hardpacked soil in the woods at the top of the hill climb.
I gave the Sprite its second outing and although I am getting used to the characteristics of the 2 stroke engine compared to the Cub, I think I was actually trying too hard and lost too many loose marks by drifting off line on the loose earth. Certainly 5 or 6 marks too many were lost in this way but it gave me a good opportunity to really test the bike and understand what needs to be done to set it up better to match my style of riding.

Overall I really enjoyd the trial and even though I ended up in 4th place, I think both the young guys in 1st and 2nd place had fantastic rides to drop only 2 and 3 marks respectively and even on best form I doubt whether I would have got close enough to trouble either of their scores.


Results
Unit up to 250cc
1 James Newstead 2
2 Nathan Jones 3
3 Alan Wright 10
4 Dave Dawson 11
5 Simon Anderson 13

Photos from the event

No comments: