Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Tuesday 13 July 2010

Event for your diaries...

Hi guys - Andy Pitt called me the other night to tell me about this event that the Wye Valley Club will be running in 19th Sep 2010.

By all accounts this is a superb event and well worth travelling to if you have nothing else on that weekend - proper traditional sections that cater for classic and twinshock bikes.

Event Details

Regs are now avilible for the Wye Valley Auto Clubs, National Trevor Hunt Trophy Trial, a classic road based trial,which will be run on september 19th 2010.

The event will be open to Pre65s and Twinshock machines only, the trial will be run over a 25 mile loop taking in old wye valley traders groups that were used back in the 60s and 70s and a few new groups the organisers have found to use. 40 traditional trials sections will be on offer covering 15 groups of land, also an extra hour has been put on the time limit after a few comments last year.
The trial will be run under the no stop rule TSR22B

The terrain will be mostly streams and river sections much like the manx classic 2 day

The event will have 2 routes per section, an expert route to cater for abilities of the miller series and classic series, and a clubmans/ gentlemans route to cater for those who just want a good ride out on an old bike

There will be 3 classes on each route.
- Expert. Pre 65unit, Pre unit, Twinshock.
- Clubman Pre 65unit, Pre unit, Twinshock

The trial will once again start and finish at the Crown inn in the village of Longtown in Herefordshire, where BnB is availible on the weekend of the trial 01873 860217

Also RTA insurance will be availible on the day of the event , so if you fancy a cracking days classic sport, dont miss this one its worth the trip!

Regs are now availible on www.acuwesterncenter.org/uk or from entry secretary Dan Sanders, 01981 259890 or 01981 250458 or for more information or if you can help out, call Andy Pitt 07976529955

No comments: