Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Tuesday 23 March 2010

Eventpost 51 - BMCA Knighton




Sunday was the last round of the BMCA championship, held at Knighton and put on by John Jackson and Ray Ruscoe from the Acorns Club.

I have ridden at Knighton a few times in the past on both modern and classic bikes and honestly have never really has a good ride. The location is on the site of a motocross track and has varied terrain that includes a small wood with some good rooty banks and rock steps, a rocky stream and some long steep banks so something for everyone and no real advantage to be gained by any particular type of bike.

Well, I am happy to say that I rode quite well and the bike again performed flawlessly. The only problem was that the sections were set out on Saturday in the rain and over night the rain stopped and the wind dried the land so well that the sections were a little too easy for the event, which was reflected in the scores. After all, how many times can you say that you finished on 2 marks yet only finished in 6th place in the event!!

So not much of a test but another good run for the bike and I am getting more comfortable on it each time out.

Next week we travel to Devon for the 1st round of the Sammy Miller series. As I have entered in the British Specials class, I might try the Delorto carb on the bike to see how it performs. Will update the BLOG next week and let you know how it went.

Pictures are from Sunday - As you can see, I have splashed out on some new riding gear to go with the colour scheme on the bike - quite smart even though I say it myself!

Results

Experts (Up to 350cc)
1. Alan Nicklin 0
1= Nathan Jones 0
1= Chris Denny 0
4. Steve Hay 1
5. Gary Hawkins 2
6. Dave Dawson 2
7. Alan Borton 5
8. Dave Jones 7
9. Steve Thompson 10

Experts (Over 350cc)
1. Pete Reed 4
2. Mike Bowers 8
3. Arthur Browning 10
4. Bob Greenhough 32

No comments: