Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Friday 22 May 2009

Beezerpost 9 - 1st ride!!!

Managed to get out and get some practice in on the bike today - one of the benefits of having sections to practice on right next door to your house....Thanks Steve....

As this was the first ride I expected a few issues to have to iron out but in all honesty it went like a dream. Brakes and suspension worked great, it steered quite well and felt nice and light. 

There were a few things that need loooking at, mainly a little bit of tinkering with the timing as it needs advancing a bit, the chain tensioner needing some mods as the spring is a little light and the side stand not working too well, but really minor bits and pieces. 

As you can see in the video, it pulls well and everything is looking good considering this was the first time it had turned a wheel....  Will add something on here after Sunday's trial.

Must say thanks to Dad for all the work that he has put in to this and produced yet another great bike - dont know what he will do now to fill his time .... dont worry dad i'll think of something!!

No comments: