Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Saturday 9 May 2009

Beezerpost 6







OK - Regular readers of my BLOG will know that changes and evolution was enevitable - well I was searching for some brakes for the bike and had promised myself that this bike was going to be sensible in relation to cost so didn't want to go silly and buy new Alan Witton hubs as on the last few bikes because, believe it or not, by the time you have got the hubs, brake plates, sorted the brake shoes out, had them built into new ally rims with stainless spokes then added tyres, tubes, security bolts, a rear sprocket you have little change from about £1300 - thats just the wheels.... Anyway, I digress, i decided that a pair of Grimeca hubs would be a cheaper option so managed to find a complete pair of wheels, freshly built for the right money and to help fund them the old wheels could be sold on.

When I got talking to John Danter about my old wheels he mentioned that he had a Faber frame that had never been used and wanted to sell - eventually an exchange deal was done for the wheels against the frame and before I knew it the new wheels and frame were waiting to become BSA phase 2...

As this bike will be staying in the family for some time I decided that while the engine was between frames I would have it rebuilt and make sure that all was in order and anything that needs repair/replacement was sorted at the same time - thanks to Pete Kirby the rebuild is well under way and will give me some piece of mind for the coming season.

There have been a few bits of fabrication required to make sure that the bits from the 1st bike will fit the Faber frame, these have been done and the frame is now at the powder coaters so building should commence some time next week.

A few other bits and bobs - A KTM motocross kickstarter has been grafted onto the BSA stub as the old one was broken and did not clear the footrest without lifting it up which was a pain, also a new seat base has been cut out and is being covered which will fit the new frame better.

A few pics have been added from the early build activity with the new frame and also the new kickstarter - I will try and add more as it comes along.

No comments: