Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Wednesday 19 March 2008

Red Marley Trial

Easter weekend will bring the Red Marley Hill Climb and Trial which is always a good event.

This year the trial, run by the AJS and Matcheless Owners Club will take place on Sunday and usually attracts a good entry including a number of the riders that are not usually seen in the Midlands as they are down for the Monday Hill Climb.

I have been helping lay out the sections over the last few weekends and this week I have agreed to ride a Rigid 500cc Matchless in the trial. The bike is owned by Andy Hunt who offered me the opportunity to ride a 'REAL' bike for a change........ Who am I to refuse a challenge like that.

I will, of course, ride the clubman route in the rigid class, but after riding a lightweight 2 stroke (both the Sprite and the Fantic) this will be a very different experience I am sure. I have never ridden a Pre-Unit bike before in any guise, but a rigid too - should be fun.

I will update the site with how it all went after the weekend.

No comments: