Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Sunday 2 March 2008

Eventpost 24 - BMCA Mamble

Somehow I dont think I am meant to have a consistent run of luck at the moment.

The Sprite had another ignition problem a few weeks ago and this resulted in a trip back to Simon Bateman at Nametab, where it was discovered that the source coil had burnt out, this is a mystery to us and to Simon, however a complete new ignition was installed and today I gave it a run out at Mamble.

It was the first time I have been to this venue and it was a fun trial with some good sections in the rocky stream and the ajoining banks laid out by Andy Hunt and Joe Owen.

The bike ran well and started first kick all day which was a good sign. I was riding well too with 2 soft marks lost on lap one and only 1 more mark on lap two up to section 9 when I caught my foot on the bank at the side of the stream and yet again twisted my right knee. I cant tell you how sick it knocked me, and two sections later when I came to put some weight on it I thought I was going to be physically sick so had to pull of of the section and ultimately the trial.

I understand that Nathan Jones won the trial on 3 marks followed by Steve Hay and Alan Borton both on 8 marks.

I am now going to have a few weeks off to rest the knee and will ride the Red Marley trial as my next outing. I am sure that soon I will manage to have both bike and body working well on the same day and again be at the pointy end of the results!

I have attached a short video clip of section 3 from this trial to see how it looks on the BLOG. If all goes well I will continue to add video clips in the future

No comments: