Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Monday 24 September 2007

Eventpost 13 - Bromsgrove BMCA





Yesterday was the 1st round of the BMCA championship, held at Bromsgrove. As my Dad had put the trial on, we spent Saturday marking out the sections and found a good mix of sections ranging from tight, twisty turns in the woods over roots to natural banks and finally some challenging rocky sections in an area that was being used as landfill. The pictures show the variation in the sections.

I learnt a valuable lesson yesterday, as a potential good ride was spoilt by one incident where I listened to an observer in relaton to the route that a section was taking rather than actually looking at the route for myself. As you can probably guess I took the wrong route and has a soft 5 which I then allowed to get to my head and after throwing my teddy out of the pram I proceeded to have another 5.

This loss of concentration put paid to my day and more loose marks went by the wayside eventually clminating in a 3rd five and a total of over 20 and a finish right down the results.

Not a good start to the season but probably a good lesson for me.

Steve Hay won the trial as expected. I will update the results as soon as I have them.

No comments: