Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Monday 24 September 2007

Cubpost 8




I have finally decided that 4 stokes are not for me......

After building the Sprite I think that the nature of the 2 stroke engine suits my riding style more than the 4 stroke. Having spent some time thinking about this for some time I have decided to take one of two options;

1. Sell the Cub....... With the money spent to date I would need to get at least 5K for it and I dont know if there are many people out there willing to part with that sort of money, no matter how good the bike is.

2, Sell the engine and replace it with a 2 stroke engine.

Having looked around and weighed up the options, the best fit for my frame will be to have a BSA Bantam engine built to slot into it. I have decided that once the Cub engine is sold, I will get an engine built by Jim Pickering and after having ridden Jim's bike this weekend I have no reservations about the capability of the engine to do the job.

I have put my engine on E Bay - Item Number 230173872104 and already it has quite a lot of interest. When it sells next Sunday I will place the order for the Bantam engine and will update the progress on this site.

Incase you have forgotten, the pictures show the engine that's for sale

No comments: