Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Friday 7 September 2007

Eventpost 12 - Shatterford Dudley & Dist MCC




Its been a while since I updated my BLOG as in the last month we have been busy moving house. We moved from Lancashire down to Martley near Worcester last month (just down the road from where the Red Marley Hill Climb is held annually so it will make a nice change to have so many trials nearby since we are now in the heart of the BMCA trials region)

I have managed to get a couple of trials in with a ride in the AMCA re-union event at Aldridge where I dropped 2 marks and finished 4th in the trial on my Cub.

Last weekend I wanted to give the Cub a run out in preparation for next weekends inter centre team trial and the only trial I could find locally was a modern centre trial run by the Dudley and District MCC at Shatterford near Kidderminster.

I rode the Clubmans route as I was on a Pre 65 bike and to be honest was caught between the two choices with the A route being a little too harsh and the B route being too easy.

Still, the intention was to gain confidence in the bike again after riding the Sprite for a while and to give the new clutch modification a proper run out. After a lot of work by my Dad getting the plates and spring tension spot on, as well as replacing the bushes in the clutch we have finally got the desired result with a light clutch and consistant action that performed well throughout the trial.

I managed to complete the trial on clean which is always a good result no matter how easy the sections are and I was pleased to maintain concentration which is something I often suffer with in multi-lap trials.

Results (B Route)

Pre65
1 Dave Dawson 0 Marks
2. Mick Parkes 5 Marks

Twinshock
1. Rob Badland 6 Marks

Clubman (Modern Bikes)
1. Stuart Breeze 0 Marks
2. David Morris 0 marks
3. Edward Harrison 1 Mark

Over 40 (Modern Bikes)
1. CV Alden 2 Marks
2. Martin watkins 24 Marks
3. Alan Cowley 28 Marks

1 comment:

Bill said...

Came across a link to your blog on the MAVT website. Great photos. There must be a professional photographer at the events you ride. Anyway you inspired me enough to finally start my own blog: http://enduro-trials.blogspot.com

Not nearly as accomplished as you at riding trials, but I try. Although I ride a fair amount of enduros, timekeepers here in the U.S.