Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Wednesday 29 September 2010

Eventpost 65 - Bewdley MCC Group Trial, Coney Green





On 12th Sep I decided to take a break from the local classic trials scene and ride a modern trial at Coney Green, a few miles from home.

As I have not really ridden modern trials locally for some time I knew that this group trial would be a little harder than we are used to and the hard route would certainly be out of the question so I opted for the easier route.

Coney Green is located near to Stourport on Severn and is a wooded hillside with quite sandy soil. Although the majority of the sections were pretty straightforward, the drops and climbs were set for the modern bikes and I didn't ride them particularly well to be honest.

I lost a couple of loose marks on the first lap, mainly due to my own confidence on the steep banks and not really expecting the BSA to get up the steps, however as the trial went on the confidence increased and I lost fewer marks.

With the exception of 2 sections, a tricky loose turn on a steep bank and a long steep climb over roots which I either lost 3 or 5 each lap, I managed to clean each of the remaining sections, however I did loose too many marks and finished well down the results.

Alan Nicklin proved that it wasn't too hard for classic bikes as he won the trial on the easy route on only 5 marks and of the other classic bikes, Steve Thompson turned the tables on me from the week before, losing 29 marks to my 36.

Pictures are of the 3 of us on classic bikes at the trial..

No comments: