Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Sunday 29 March 2009

Beezerpost 1 - New bike on the way!



So, after a lot of messing about I have decided that the next bike will be a BSA. I was going to go for a Greeves and was all set to have a replica of Alan Nicklins bike, however after a few false starts and failed promises I decided that there were other options. 

As I said in a previous post the choices were really around a villiers engine or a unit 4 stroke and as the 2 strokes are so fashionable at the moment they seem to demand too much money for what they are (after all a basic 40 yr old 2 stroke engine should not need to cost over £1500 to get it ready for a competitive trials bike), I decided that the way to go would be a 250 or 350 BSA. 

I had asked around and the feedback I received was that the 250 lump produced a machine that gripped better in the Midlands mud. 

After a few weeks of looking and chasing lost causes (plus a few hundred miles of chasing about) I finally found what I was looking for in Hereford (30 mins from home) of all places.

An managed to find a rather special engine ready to drop into a bike - a B25 engine with an alloy barrel and a C15 head, PVL ignition, a WD trials gearbox, bored to 270cc and totally rebuilt ready to go!  

A find that was too good to pass up, especially when many other parts for the bike were also available from the same person (B40 frame, wheels - ally rims on Bantam Hubs and a pair of forks) so the project is well under way already in the Dad the Builder's shed!

The photos are of the engine on the bench - real thing of beauty to look at, heres hoping that it runs as well as it looks!

No comments: