Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Tuesday 29 July 2008

Eventpost 31 - Dudley MCC - Mamble

On Sunday I rode a local ACU trial at Mamble and after burning myself to a crisp at the beach on Sunday I probably should have stayed at home because I just didnt feel right all day.

I felt like I was not actually in control of the bike and it was all too much effort, holding on too tight and trying to make the bike do what I wanted rather than flowing through the sections and it showed in the results as I found myself struggling where I really shouldnt have.

Anyway, I was wobbling around OK and picking up a few cleans here and there until the 3rd lap when I went for a dab on the bank of a rocky stream that wasnt there and ended up falling off the bank about 6 foot down into the stream on my head with the bike on top of me and a sprained wrist and knocks and bruises all over me!

I wonder if my body is telling me something??? It made me think that my head is telling me that I can ride the hard route and my body is telling me to be more careful..... time will tell.

Needless to say I didnt finish the trial as I couldnt put any pressure on the bars with my right hand - nothing too problematic as I am writing this on Tuesday and the pain has almost gone.

My next trial will be the AMCA Exmoor 2 day trial on the weekend of 9/10 Aug. I have decided to ride the clubman class to should be more sensible.

Will update with report and pics following the event..

No comments: