Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Wednesday 23 July 2008

Eventpost 30 - Stourbridge TC Cleeton Court


On sunday I rode at Cleeton Court, a venue that I last rode about 12 years ago in one of my first classic trials. The venue is generally a shallow rocky stream with sections that weave in and out of the stream.

The sections were marked out quite tight requiring good concentration and the ability to move the front and rear wheel also helped!

The hardest section was the last section in the stream with tricky exits from the stream across roots and a tight exit over rocks which caught most riders for some marks. A dab and a 2 on the first 2 laps were my total on this section with very pleasing cleans on the last 3 laps (see video clip of the section below). I understand that only myself and Simon Anderson recorded cleans on this section.

Overall I was pleased with how I rode and yet again my best lap was the last of the trial which I cleaned, this is new to me as I have previously had problems maintaining concentration and energy levels for the whole of the trial.

The one problem was once again a sloppy 5 on section 6 when I tried to clean the section and managed to stall the bike rather than taking a single dab to get back on line and save the score. This resulted in me losing the trial by just 1 mark but a good improvement and certainly getting used to riding the modern bike and the different techniques required to make it work.

Result - Hard Route
1. D Morris 12
2. D Dawson 13
3. S Anderson 16
4. J Pickering 27
5. B Woodcock 29
6. N Beddoes 35
7. E Thompson 37
8. N Wright 41

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave,
Good to see you back out, even on a po-go stick !!!
Richard.

Dave Dawson said...

Thanks Richard - dont knock the pogo stick till you try it!