Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Saturday 2 October 2010

All Change!!




OK - those of you that are regular readers of this BLOG will know that the only thing that remains constant in my association with motorcycles is nothing remains constant - it all about change and new projects, ideas and challenges....

Well, having pretty much taken the BSA about as far as it can go, I want a change of direction and have decided that the constant uncertainty over what is and isn't allowed on pre 65 bikes has just about worn me down.

Having reviewed the trials that I have ridden this year, I find that ONLY the BMCA do not have classes for Twinshock bikes so I think I can live without riding in the invited riders class at those trials and instead build a good twinshock that will cost a fraction of the price and most likely be better and more reliable than the majority of pre 65 bikes, provide more power and be less of an investment to sit in the shed and come out when I fancy a ride..

I have therefore reluctantly decided to sell the BSA.

There is probably not a better documented bike around than this - from the original bike, through the Faber frame and up to its current guise. You will know that it is proven in competition too with some good results this year that are all on this site.

I have spent a fortune on the development of this bike as you will know if you have tried to so a special bike like this and I will never recoup the money spent, however I think a reasonable value on a bike like this is......£6500.00

If you are interested, please call me on 07725 644321 or email me on davedawson444@btinternet.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought that last report gave us a clue that change was coming.
Got to be one of those trick Fantic's, I think they are 300's in mod'ed 240's with trick swing arm.
Shame the see Beza go and got no change in my pocket !!
Richard

Dave Dawson said...

Richard - I think it would match your Cheney in the garage perfectly!! I'm not certain which way to go yet but Hondas and Yams are too expensive, we've done the Fantic project before (still an option) and there are other alternatives available that are good money and were winning in the early 80's - rotax engines are pretty strong and parts are available so SWM is a strong possibility!!

Anonymous said...

It's not just the Cheney but 2 CCM's a Faber, C15T and tiger cub and a bitsa special.
If you are looking SWM then you need to talk to Martin Matthews, who is SWM bits. Martin live just down the road, he is Godfarther to my youngest and his dad is my navigator on car trials.
You will have fun shopping !!
Richard

Dave Dawson said...

Already planned to pop down and talk to him this week. Might call in for a coffee whilst I'm down.

Heath said...

Martin is your man... and SWM is the bike to have. The Fantics are too common. A nice SWM is a thing of beauty, especially a 350 Jumbo. The bike i always wanted but never had.