Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Sunday 5 July 2009

Eventpost 39 - BMCA Trial Martley





Finally we managed to put on a trial on Steves farm next to our house, after 2 cancellations due to the weather the sun finally managed to stay out and it was on.

A pretty good entry of about 45 turned up and the sections rode well, however as the ground has been so dry for a few months the water that was dragged up the banks on the exits from the strem became quite slick and posed quite a challenge for some of the entry.

I started the trial at section 5 along with the rest of the Expert entry and straight away started losing marks that honestly messed up my head a little. A mistake on section 5 where I went to wide in the stream and nearly drowned the bike followed by a slack 2 on section 6 and I felt that any chance of a result had gone, however as the trial progressed and it became more slippery on the banks I had a word with myself and started to concentrate a bit more. After the first lap on the sections at their easiest I had dropped 9 marks, however on the worsening sections I managed laps of 5, 2 and 3 for a total of 19 marks.

The bike ran really well and only bogged on me once during the trial so either carburation is closer to where it needs to be or I am starting to understand how I need to ride it!
Results now in - Well done to Nathan as this was a great ride for only 9 marks and I am pleased with 2nd overall considering it is not very often that I manage to finish ahead of Steve Hay.

Results

2 Stroke
1. Jim Pickering 48
2. Steve Neale 66

Unit 4 Stroke
1. Nathan Jones 9
2. Dave Dawson 19
3. Steve Hay 21
4. Mick Chapman 35
5. Alan Borton 68
6. Dave Jones 71
7. Gary Hawkins 78

Pre Unit 4 Stroke
1. Pete Reed 67

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave,
Happy Birthday, I see you got a year older !!
looks like you had a good event and we had a great day at Farleigh.
Will put Sprite back together over the next few days. I am thinking that your old bike and the other frame with log book as the number is on the complete bike. How does £2,250 sound...will send pictures and a note of what there is.
Richard