Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Sunday 21 June 2009

Beezerpost 12





As I mentioned in my last update, the bike has been to Steve Gagg for a new exhaust and some work on the bashplate.

Although it ran well, to be honest it was quite loud and I have never really liked the Sammy Miller type silencer as it seems a little vulnerable when you drop the bike on its right side, so I wanted something with some real silencing and also one that was tucked in out of harms way. As you can see, Steve has done a great job on this with a stainless front pipe and a large silencer that has the flow running 3 times its length inside to keep it nice and quiet.

The bashplate that came with the frame was quite wide and I felt that it really didn't need to be as flat and wide as that, so I asked Steve to keep it flat across the area of the oil pump but then re-work it so that the outer edges of the plate were higher and whilst still protecting the engine, give a little more clearance at the sides. As you can see from the pics, the end product improves things significantly.

Whilst I was adding these finishing touches I decided on a bit of personalisation with the neat little side points cover made from billet alloy with my initials engraved on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave,
Looking very good. Could do with one of those exhust and silencers on my C15. Going back to 4strokes, so 3 Sprites (one ex Dawson ) going up for sale.
Richard