Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Wednesday 30 April 2008

Eventpost 26 - Wye Valley MC (Hope Under Dinmore)

The run of bad luck continued on Sunday, I decided to take the Fantic out for it's first trial since the engine had been rebuilt and I must say, the bike performed like a dream.

The issues that we had experienced with the front sprocket throwing the circlip off have stopped, the warm starting issues have gone away and the motor now runs like a dream since it was rebuilt at Bill Pye's.

The trial, put on by Andy Pitt and the guys from Hereford was spot on. Considering the rain that had fallen they made good use of the banks, streams and rocks to mark out a sensible but challenging trial for all classes. Some of the sections in the stream, particularly those under the backdrop of a huge waterfall were really good with mossy rocks and slippy banks that were enough to give the whole field a challenge.

Anyway, 10 marks on the first lap and 8 marks on the second represented a fairly steady ride that reflected how rusty I was feeling but I felt like things were getting better and was getting used to how the bike was performing when the bad luck continued with a rear tyre puncture.

I attempted doubling up on the sections to save having to ride the whole loop two more times and managed the first 4 sections twice for a loss of just 2 marks even with the flat rear, however when I tried to ride the first rocky stream, the tyre was starting to move off the rim and I thought better of it to save the rim from damage and decided to retire.

Still, encouraging performance from the bike and a shame but a thoroughly enjoyablen trial. I will certainly try and get down to ride a few more trials in that area.

No comments: