Classic Trials

Classic Trials

About Me

I have come into 2012 with a strong desire to be more healthy and reduce my weight to something more acceptable for a man of my age and height. On the 1st of Jan 2012 at the age of 45 and height of 6ft 2in, I weighed in at 18st 2lbs (that's 256 lbs or 116kg). I have a pretty large frame and have always been able to carry a bit of excess baggage but I think its time to do something about it for my health and energy levels more than anything else. The experts suggest that for a man of my height and age I should be about 13.5 st but I have set myself a target of 15 st (210lbs or 95kg) - thats a planned loss of around 3 st (46lbs or 20kg) This BLOG is a record of my attempt to achieve this goal and I have made it public to help keep me motivated and on track. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas and suggestions please feel free to leave me a message..

Sunday 10 February 2008

Eventpost 22 - Martley BMCA







Today I had the unique opportunity to ride a trial at home! The farmer that owns the land that backs on to my home approached us to use his land as he is a classic bike enthusiast and fortunately there was planty of scope to lay out a really good trial with variation in types of sections including streams and banks, roots and climbs and also some wooded land.
We were blessed with a great day as the sun shone and gave everyone a really good day out.

The sections cut up to make them very challenging, especially the climbs out of the stream that provided some good ruts and became quite slippery.

I had one of the best rides that I have had for a few months, the bike went really well and I think that because I marked the sections out on the previous day and didnt need to walk them on the 1st lap, my knee stayed strong and that gave me the confidence to ride a little more agressively through the trial.

As it turned out I lost two fives that actually cost me the trial. The first when my chain came off and the second where I drowned the engine in the deep water, however even though I added 10 marks that I really shouldn't have done, the final result was good with 2nd overall to Steve Hay and 1st in my class.

The photos are from today

Results
2 Stroke
1. Dave Dawson 21
2. Nathan Jones 39
3. Steve Thompson 58
4. Steve Neale 61
5. Dave Jones 90

Unit 4 Stroke
1. Steve Hay 19
2. Keith Gardiner 34
3. Laurence Alden 61
4. Alan Borton 72
5. Gary Hawkins 82

Pre Unit 4 Stroke
1. Nick Wooley 52
2. Jim Pickering 64
3. Pete Reed 70

No comments: